Thursday, September 19, 2013

Happy Talk Like a Pirate Day

Happy birthday to my fellow wench. Another Talk Like a Pirate Day has come and I find that I am speaking pirate to myself. It seems that friends afflicted with our special brand of crazy are far more rare than I would have thought. Then again, maybe it's just me. Whatever the reason, the position of BFF remains open.

You would have been 40 years old today. I still have the peace lily I brought home from your memorial. Knowing me as well as you do, and my history with house plants (let's not talk about all the tea roses), it's a minor miracle that the plant has survived this long. I like to think that maybe you're helping with a bit of heavenly gardening.

It's been a bit over a year now. I think of you often especially when I hear Greenday :). Anyway, I know you're up there saving me a seat. Of course you realize I'll be late...very, very, very late I hope! Some things never change.

Oh by the way...I still have your horrible ugly leather flame shoes. I never got around to burning them when as intended, and now I just can't bring myself to torch them. I'm afraid if I cremate them, you'll start wearing them in Heaven. I don't know if even God himself would forgive me for that! Maybe I'll dust them off an make a couple of tribute laps in the nearest church. We've done worse!

No comments:

Post a Comment